Monday, March 15, 2010

Week 6 Mary Kate Coaching Me

Having just entered my mid-twenties, I believe that I have a pretty good sense of who I am. My personality and how I interact with people is fairly defined. I base a lot of my actions on past experiences and operate mostly within fields I and II. I attempted emphatically listen and practice suspension in several instances this week but I am again unable to fully master this skill. I shared my frustration with Mary Kate and admitted that I understand the concept and hope to reach it at some point in the future.

The biggest hurtle for me to jump is the concept of letting go of judgements. The fact is that we are taught to judge at a very young age. Upon doing a particularly naught task we are promptly informed, "Only bad little girls do that." Thus, an action lends a specific judgement. It is incredibly hard to reprogram a lifetime's worth of making judgements and having them made about you.

Unfortunately, I still need to experience some personal growth before I am able to fully embrace the concepts of these upper level fields. I am taking this course as a learning experience. I am trying to open up to recognize these places that I can perhaps reach in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment